Monday, January 22, 2007

Chicken Fingers with Honey Sauce

I made this recipe last week for dinner and it was a hit! Its also a great healthy alternative to fried chicken.

12 ounces boneless, chicken breasts
2 beaten egg whites
1 tablespoon honey
2 cups cornflakes, crushed
1/4 tsp pepper
1/4 cup honey
4 tsp mustard or dijon mustard
1/4 tsp garlic powder

4 Servings :: 15 mins prep. :: 11 mins baking

1. Rinse chicken; pat dry. Cut into strips about 3 inches long and 3/4 inch wide.
2. In a small mixing bowl combine the egg whites and the 1 tablespoon honey. In a shallow bowl combine the cornflake crumbs and pepper. Dip chicken strips into the egg white mixture, then roll in the crumb mixture to coat.
3. Place in a single layer on an ungreased baking sheet. Bake chicken in a 450 degree oven for 11 to 13 minutes or until fully cooked.
4. For the sauce, in a small bowl stir together the 1/4 cup honey, mustard, and garlic powder.

Nutrition Facts
230 Calories 2 g total fat 1 g saturated fat 45 mg cholesterol 275 mg sodium 31 g carbohydrate 1 g fiber 19 g protein

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds simple enough. I might try honey barbecue !

Anonymous said...

Hey Tom!

I am actually going to be trying this recipe this week! I will let you know but I will be using my Pampered Chef tools to help me. ;) Thanks!

Dinner Ideas